Multitasking and the Indie Author
The indie author has to learn many things. And it’s fun and fulfilling!
Multitasking and the indie author is a bit like yin and yang. Two seemingly opposing forces (because let’s face it, all the writer wants to do is write–we wish!), they are inseparable but interconnected, interdependent, and interrelated to one another and a correct balance between them must be reached in order to achieve harmony. In the writing world, harmony here equates to success and/or sales.
I’m going to go all philosophical and conclude that: Being an indie author is a study in multitasking.
How so? Let me count the ways:
- You get to be a writer and weave stories of your own, unique version.
- You get to be an entrepreneur, study the market, and make business decisions for your books.
- You get to be a publisher and know the ins and outs of preparing and producing your digital and printed works.
- You get to be a social media manager and create, curate and manage content.
- You get to be a publicist, where you generate and manage promotion and publicity for your books.
- You get to be an extrovert (albeit painfully forced and temporary for introverts like me), go out of your shell and mingle with the writing community and the world at large (repeat: forced and temporary).
Can you add more to this list? Comment below!
[bctt tweet=”Being an indie writer is a study in multitasking.”]
For me, aside from writing, the most fun I found doing is creating graphics and artworks for my books. I’m sure you have seen all those here in my site and my Facebook Page and Instagram. Doing these things also make me rise out of my writing block and make me focus.
And now I have done something else. Ta-dah! Here is My Bookatalogue!
I know, I know. It’s not much. It still needs improvement. But it’s a new achievement for me, considering I’m not too familiar on magazine layout and design. But…but it’s a start!
And I don’t know about you, but (too many ‘buts’ here, sorry), I always give myself an imaginary pat on the back whenever I’ve managed to learn a new thing, especially those outside my comfort zone or my perceived abilities. Because, why not?
Feel free to flip the pages of (*swooning*) my Bookatalogue! Maybe you’ll find something you’d like to read?
You can also browse my books HERE.
Share me your thoughts in the comments below!
Do you want a FREE short story? Get my award-winning paranormal story when you sign up for my newsletter! Just hit the SUBSCRIBE button below.
Stay updated on what’s latest
Powered by Creative Market