This post may contain Affiliate links. Please read my DISCLOSURE for more info.
My "Accidental" Writer Workplace
I “accidentally” created for myself a writer workplace!
“Accidentally,” meaning, I didn’t intend to have one.
Life is certainly full of surprises.
I’d been sharing my husband’s home work desk for years. I wasn’t complaining, since I use it more often than he does (hehe).
This week, I bought a study table for my youngest son. As we all know, it’s still online classes for grade school students, and I wanted him to have a place to write, study, and organize his things.
Turned out his laptop and separate keyboard (hand-me-downs from his older brother) does not fit on the narrow desk. No amount of convincing (and bribing with buying another smaller, wireless keyboard) made him use the desk. He still preferred the old, beaten-up table I bought waaay back when his brother was his age because he loved his big keyboard.
What was I to do short of storing away or selling a newly-purchased desk?
Use if for myself, of course!
I admit the idea did not come to me at once.
My brain was fully committed to the plan that I bought that desk specifically for him. Heck, I imagined him vividly in my mind hunched over that table during his online classes.
Turned out my son’s refusal to use the desk was a blessing in disguise for my writer’s heart.
Having my own workplace gave me a joyous feeling!
I feel more inspired, more motivated to write and create.
Even though I was happily content to be an “illegal tenant” to my hubby’s desk forever, it really made a difference to have my own creative corner.
It isn’t much, but it’s mine. It’s my world, my personal space, my writing domain.
Plus I get to organize my books, my notebooks, my trophy (*cough*) and other things related to my writing.
My Writer Workplace
Here’s what you can find in my writer workplace:
- Multifunction computer table with drawers – you can choose from among 4 colors
- Himalayan Salt Lamp – mine was a gift from my sister-in-law, but go get buy one — it really is calming.
- MacBook Pro – mine’s not new, but I couldn’t recommend Mac enough for writers and non-writers alike.
- Apple iPad Mini – again, I’ve had this for years now and it’s still working. Apple products are really durable and they sync with one another too.
- Portable, wireless bluetooth speaker – for all music lovers who can’t create without sound, and for me who listens mostly to focus music. I have extra Airpods, too, for times when I don’t want to disturb my hubby while he’s working.
- Office supplies: notebooks, pens, craft scissors, pen holder, metal ruler, pentelpens, markers, eraser, pencil, cutter – Do I need to say why?
- Bookends – They’re really needed in open shelves, believe me.
- My Books – (See what I did there?) 🥰
How about you?
Do you have a writer workplace? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
MORE WRITER WORKPLACE IDEAS
BROWSE MORE BOOKS HERE!